Sunday, February 20, 2011

OW OW OW OW OW!!!!!

OK, first, sleeves are evil. Evil evil sleeves. The first one took about 3 hours. The second one only took 1 since I screwed up everything the first time. But hey, they're on now.



Then I had to cut up the rest of the transfers.



So, yeah. That's been a process. It's...not a disaster? But 'it's going well' feels like it would be an overstatement. It's...tricky. Some of the time it transfers cleanly. Others don't want to transfer. And for the ones that aren't quite stuck on, sometimes putting the iron back over them sticks them down and sometimes it melts it off. And since sometimes it melts it off, I have to be really careful about touching the iron to other, already placed sentences.

And in the process of trying to avoid accidentally melting words, I instead burned the crap out of the top of my thumb. Because I'm just that talented. So I'm taking a break in order to ice it. But this is what it looks like so far.





I don't know. I don't think I'm going to have it done by Tuesday afterall. It was looking really promising, and then the zipper and sleeves set me way back. My original plan was to have the entire dress made yesterday and to spend the whole day today ironing. Instead I didn't start transferring until nearly 6. It's taken me three hours just to get part of the bodice done.

I think I might be only doing the center panels on the front and the back, though. Just from what I've done so far, I don't think I'm going to be able to maneuver the fabric to get clean transfers on the sides, particularly the sleeves and shoulders. Obviously if that looks horrible I figure something out...but for now that's what I'm going for. I just don't think I'm going to get there.

Oi, I'm going to go sulk over my burn for a little while. Then I guess I'll get back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment